|HamQSO.net Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) sets forth the principles that govern
the use by customers of the Web-based products and services provided by
HamQSO.net. This AUP is designed to help protect our customers, and the
Internet community, from irresponsible, abusive or illegal activities.
HamQSO.net maintains the right to modify and or update this policy at any
time without providing prior notice to it's users.
This AUP identifies the actions that HamQSO.net considers to be Prohibited Actions (meaning those actions which create denial of access or impediment of service).
Prohibited Actions: General Terms and Conditions of Use
Prohibited Actions: Impersonation/Forgery
- Copying/duplicating the Licensed Product or creating subsets or derivative databases from the Database, except for personal use only.
- Assigning, selling or passing along a Licensed Product
- Publishing or otherwise disseminating the Licensed Product or creating subsets or derivative databases from the Database for commercial use or sale.
- Providing services for a fee using the Licensed Product or any subsets or derivatives thereof.
- Allowing data from the Licensed Product to be made available to others or downloading the Licensed Product onto any electronic storage media or distributing or transferring the Database or Search Results in any form (printed, electronically relayed, posted to public list services or bulletin boards, or magnetically stored) to, or for the benefit, of others.
- Unauthorized distribution of passwords and/or access codes is strictly prohibited
- Institutional users should contact their Site Administrator regarding the General Terms and Conditions of their License Agreement.
- Storing of "warez" or copyrighted programs for any purpose..including
the purpose for redistrubtion or downloading by other users.
- Storing of pornographic material of any kind. This includes, but not limited
to, audio, video and graphic images.
- Adding, removing, or modifying identifying network header information (aka
"spoofing") in an effort to deceive or mislead.
- Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information.
Prohibited Actions: Network unfriendly activity
Prohibited Actions: Commercial e-mail
- Any activities which adversely affect the ability of other people or systems to use HamQSO.net services or the Internet are prohibited. This includes, but not limited to, "denial of service" attacks against the HamQSO.net servers, network hosts or individual user our our networks
- Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail. Using an HamQSO.net e-mail or Website address to distribute commercial e-mail is prohibited.
- Sending large volumes of unsolicited e-mail (aka "mail bombing") is prohibited.
Prohibited Actions: Access control and Authentication
- Attempting to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (aka "cracking") is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the customer, logging into a server or account the customer is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of HamQSO.net servers and networks.
HamQSO.net reserves the right to monitor Internet access to the HamQSO.net services by authorized User(s)/Licensee(s), as part of the normal course of its business practice. Should HamQSO.net discover User(s) engaged in Prohibited Actions as outlined above, which create denial of access or impediment of service, and which adversely affect HamQSO.net's ability to provide services, HamQSO.net reserves the right to temporarily suspend User/Licensee access to the HamQSO.net Host Server and/or Database.HamQSO.net shall make written/electronic notification to User or Licensee point of contact of any temporary suspension, and the cause thereof, as soon as reasonably possible. This temporary suspension will remain in effect until the Prohibited Actions have ceased. HamQSO maintains the right to terminate any User(s) account in which is deemed innapropriate.
HamQSO.net is not responsible for our users personal files residing on
HamQSO.net's servers. Users are responsible for backing up of their data
that is stored on HamQSO.net's servers. HamQSO.net reserves the right to
remove personal files at any time without prior notification. New accounts
are automatically removed after 30 days of INITIAL non-use. Prior notification
will be sent in the event of inactivity. This service is for licensed amateur
radio operators and only hamradio realated information may be stored. This
includes, but not limited to, computers and radio related information.
Users are specifically prohibited from storing any type and warez and or
pornographic material. This includes, but not limited to, images, video
and audio clips of the above material.
Cancellation of Your Account
If you wish to cancel your account, you must contact HamQSO.net by email
to allow us to process your request. If you do not notify us before your
year is up, your credit card will be charged an additional $12.00 for the
following year. This will be an automated process each year and will continue
until you email HamQSO.net with notification that you wish to terminate
Updated June 5, 2003